Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Donuts and realtors

I got my stitches out, but it wasn't healed. Now it hurts all over again.

But on a happier, unrelated note, I made donuts last night. Boy were they good. Now I just gotta learn how to fill them with jelly and I'll be golden. What I did was:
  1. Andrew got a can of biscuit dough for me from Publix
  2. I poked holes in the biscuits with a bottle cap so I could get the donut holes too.
  3. I fried them in Andrew's deep-fryer on like medium for maybe a minute or two on each side. I took out one and cut a chunk out to see if it was cooked and then tried to match the color, which worked out to a minute or two.
  4. I tossed them in cinnamon and sugar in a tupperware. Next time I think I'll spring for the paper bag. My sugar and stuff started to clump up and not stick to the donuts; maybe the bag does better.

I didn't know that biscuit dough and donut dough was the same. News to me.

We met with Kenley this morning. I like him. He told us to talk to banks and the apartment first before he starts showing us stuff so we know how much we can spend and when we can leave. He gave us this big binder full of stuff. He was joking about reading it and how boring it will be, but I'm sure me and Andrew will both read it. We told him most of what we want and most of what we don't want. There are always things you remember right after you leave. But we got in the long-houses that look like trailers and the pool and fireplace stuff. I want to be as helpful as I can.

Fluffy soft in real life
I know it’s tiny, but I needed to share this with the world. How to be a gentleman at a party.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed your meeting with Kenley! Good luck talking with the banks - and your apartment manager!

    ReplyDelete