Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's been a while

It’s been a long time since last post. I feel better now. Yay!

So here’s what happened: I slept a lot. But seriously, TMH was great from what I remember. Everyone was really nice. They gave me something to “relax” that promptly made me fall asleep. I woke up once in recovery to throw up on myself. The nurse said something and shoved a towel on my shoulder. I fell back asleep. The second time however, I was aware enough to tell the nurse and she gave me a cup. The towel I think had disappeared by then. By the third time, I was pretty awake and got a new cup and they decided to give me something else to combat the nausea. Which almost immediately made me fall back to sleep. Andrew said it took a lot longer to wake up than they had told us.

We stopped to eat on the way home. My throat was really sore from the breathing tube I guess. I had to take a sip of water with every bite to get it to swallow. I didn’t eat much and I was falling asleep again. That’s pretty much how it went for a few days. They gave me Percocet, but it is more of an uncomfortable thing than a hurt thing, so I only ended up using a few. They didn’t help. I hate sleeping on my sides. I think I’m over the sleeping-on-my-side thing because Andrew said I was sleeping on my back snoring a few days ago.

We went to Ruby Tuesday for some “roughage” because all I had eaten in as few days was fries. When Andrew left to use the bathroom I began arguing with a song on the radio just as the waiter stopped by. I might be embarrassed the next time we go if I could remember who the guy was. Silly anesthesia.

Andrew’s family came over for pizza on Monday. It was the most that I was able to sit up without being dizzy. I think everyone had a good time.

I have one more appointment to get the stitches out and then I’ll be golden!

On a completely unrelated note, it was so cold this morning that all the grass had frost on it. I hope I didn’t kill my spider plants. We went to get coffee and there was such a layer of ice on the car that the cup kept sliding off the roof. Silly ice. Temperatures in the teens are too cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment