Friday, April 3, 2009

So I found this awesome site about terrible cakes. It’s called Cake Wrecks: When Professional Cakes Go Horribly, Hilariously Wrong

She has this awesome description of hockey:
“See, apparently they play this sport on ice - but they have to make sure the ice is really thick, or else their cleats will scuff it all up. The players wear lots of padding and helmets, and carry little butterfly nets on sticks with which to hit the ball around. The object of the game is to score a triple Hail Mary - which is just another name for a running slam dunk - and consists of knocking three other players down while simultaneously dunking the ball through one of the red rings. Players known as running backs try to kick the ball, but the other team's catchers use their heads and butterfly nets to deflect the ball away from their side's field goal. Any running backs who are able to push the other team's running backs out of the big circle in the middle get what's called a free throw, in which they're allowed to chuck the ball at the head of their least favorite player. If they miss, their team only scores a half-down, but if the ball hits the other player, they score a hole-in-one.”“There was also some stuff about yard lines, birdies, and triple-axles, but I kind of zoned out at that point. Still, I think I just may have to check out a hockey game some day; John tells me every time the pitcher serves a kill-shot, the mascot serves hot chocolate. How cool is that?!?”
http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/10/whats-better-than-hockey-wreck.html

lol hug

So, I’ve decided that I don’t really like Tasty Pastry. I ordered (or thought I ordered) cupcakes for Andrew. I wanted as many different kinds of cake as I could get, but I really only needed one cupcake or so of each kind. They were all like “sure!” and wrote it down. I got a call yesterday that my “order” was ready. Apparently they only had two kinds of cupcake for me, not the original 5 I had “ordered”. She said they only had the two because they didn’t make any of the other kinds of cake all week. So, I can’t just get a cupcake? I needed to have ordered more to warrant baking anything!? Why have me order anything if you weren’t going to actually make it? After I picked up my “order” I drove on down to Heidi’s Bakery and got other stuff (probably better stuff) that is a surprise. Pfft. I use Heidi’s from now on. It’s too bad Heidi’s was closed on Monday or I could have avoided all this in the first place.

And really, I should have done all the making of the things yesterday, but the stupid power was out until this morning. I am so behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment