Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Don’t bring a spoon to a spork fight

What I learned from the Daily Show coverage
  • South Carolina was in fact not the bonus state that triples your score.
  • Connecticut is aptly named the nutmeg state because while it is nice to have, it is not essential.
  • Governor Palin killed Bambi’s mother while bow hunting from a hang glider.
  • China can now legally keep Americans as pets.
  • The next president is inheriting a problem sandwich, or a giant shit burger, or a crap taco, or a turd-pounder with cheese. No one has seen anything like this since Hoover left his hoagie on FDR’s doorstep.
  • Things are looking very good for 9 on the pick 4 lotto.
  • 2 people in the audience are Republicans.
  • 92% of the people who live in D.C. like Obama.
  • Obama tore it up in the Electoral College. Hooray for Obama winning!

Andrew took the car, so I took the bus home. It took forever! It left late. Really late. I got off at Shane’s to try and get free food, but was denied. It was only for the first 200 or so people and I definitely was not in that group. So I bought dinner instead. Some guy gave me an Obama sticker while I was waiting. Lauren came and picked me up because she’s awesome and I love her. She came over later and I helped her with her homework (a very tiny bit). We watched the election coverage a bit (nothing else was on. I promise. Really. A rerun South Park was on, but we don’t watch that with Lauren.).

Oh, and hooray for Akin Akinyemi! Boo for passing Amendment 2. Why is there so much hate around Amendment 2?

Links

No comments:

Post a Comment