Friday, November 7, 2008

Sinkholes

A sinkhole opened up on Capital Circle yesterday. I like sinkholes, just not when they open under something important. Like the road, or Ryan’s house. Leon Sinks in the Apalachicola Nat’l Forest is pretty cool. If you go on the 3 mile hike, halfway is a beautiful sinkhole lake. I mean really pretty. In the summer it should be covered in magnolia blooms. So pretty. One of the last times I was there, I was by myself taking some pictures for my photo class. I was trying to get the same feel as Ansel Adams. Anyways, I got all freaked out thinking there were snakes and stuff and all of a sudden my phone buzzed and I just about threw it and ran away. The Gopher sink is really cool too. I could spend all day looking at the sinks.


This is the Capital Circle sinkhole. You can see the layers. How cool is that?
Here is a video from the Ukraine. It was on TV last night on the Destroyed in Seconds show. I love that show. It’s real close in my rankings with Project Runway and The Smoking Gun Presents shows and the Tornado Chaser show and MythBusters.



Speaking of Smoking Gun Presents, last night was a good one. The best was the catfish catching. “Instead of using a pole, you use your arm. And instead of using bait, you use...your arm.” lol





No comments:

Post a Comment