Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Almost Xmas

It's been a long time since I updated this. It's just been really busy at work. Yesterday we exchanged Xmas presents (mostly) and had brownies for John's birthday. LeeAnn gave me a bracelet she made (so pretty!) and she gave Jennifer the pretiest hat and scarf. Jen got us all a yum-o candy and a lottery ticket. We didn't know how it worked, so Andrew called someone to ask. I think it was Laura. I thought that they called you or something if you won. Everyone seemed to like the cocoa cups. But that's a good long story...

So we bought mugs, cocoa packets, marshmallows, and candycanes for the "cup of cocoa" presents. I wanted it to look like I put more work into it than just shoving two cocoa packets into a cup, so I transfered the powder into little baggies I made from celophane (sp?). I kinda made a mess. The mallows went easier into the baggies. (Making the bags involved lining one of our funnels with celophane, dumping the contents into the funnel, and twist-tying it shut.) The fun part was getting the cinnamon incorporated. I wanted to give everyone a complete cup of cocoa. Cinnamon included. So I read somewhere on the internet that you could put stuff in styraws and then seal them up with a flame. Awesome! That's perfect! I tried with terrible results. As I was hunched over the candle with the straw melting and not sealing the way it looked online, Andrew says from the kitchen, "You know that makes poisonous gas?" No. :( He said it would be fine though. So I made the packets in the straws and made a big mess of melted plastic. Woo! But everyone seemed to enjoy the cocoa. Yay!

I managed to finish the craft project last night that was the very first thing we bought this year for Xmas. Sheesh! All's we need is glue and it will be ready to go! If the glue dries in time. :/ Can you staple wood with a regular stapler?

Addy turned 2 on Sunday. It was a fun party! Nicole went all out on the milkshake theme. The cards, the cake, the food. It was pretty awesome :) I'm glad Addy liked our present. I hope she likes her Xmas present! It's not as soft. I think this might be the first present that isn't a stuffed thing. (Don't tell her Nicole!)

I'm impressed with myself. I think I have Andrew stumped with a present that I bought him. Yes! He gave me ideas, but I think hwe gave me too many because he doesn't know wat I got. Hahaha! If he guesses it though I'll kick him in the knee. It's obvious from the shape what it is, but he doesn't know exactly what!

On the radio:
After listing a bunch of things that you can get on the internet, this came on "Living next door to the Wicked Witch of the West? Move! Duh! Then get your change-of-address forms from USA.gov." lol

Speaking of the Wicked Witch, the Wizard of Oz was on recently. I really love that movie. It's on the list of "movies that I like but knowing my usual taste in movies, I shouldn't like it". Like Homeward Bound. Or Down With Love.

Bluebery crack is wonderful.

Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment