Monday, December 8, 2008

Busy weekend

This weekend was wonderful. Andrew played poker with his family, I got our house decorated, we played Frisbee golf with Nicole, Robert & Addy, watched the Xmas parade thing, went to Market Days, made fondue, watched a movie and played a game that Lauren gave us for Xmas.

Friday night Andrew went to play poker with his family at Grandpa’s place. That gave me time to decorate the house without whining :). I managed to get everything out this year that wasn’t broken. I was going to wait for Andrew to help me put up the tree because I didn’t remember how to do it, but when I got it out to look, it was easy. The hardest part was finding the lights plug for the middle section that I forgot to plug in. I love our Xmas tree. The snowbabies are perched perilously on the china cabinet. But the display is impressive I think. :)

We woke up later that we were planning to to go to play at the park. Robert is too good at Frisbee golf. It was fun. Addy came and was cute. Nicole played some too. That night we went to the Winter Festival thing downtown with the family. It was fun. Andrew had to work until after it started, so we decided to skip the headache and just park at FSU and walk from there. Let me tell you, that is a haul. We walked through the lights on Park and Addy got her face painted by Daisy the Clown (aka Lauren). Andrew got some food and I got a corndog. We watched the top half of the parade since we were so far back. We saw Lauren on stilts. Woohoo!

Sunday was Market Days. We wandered around all the booths and bought some stuff. We got a crapload of scrubbies. These should last all year. We wore the one we have completely out. It was so worn out it was soft. :) We got some Xmas presents and a birthday present. Andrew also got some dip stuff. It was totally fun. Addy managed to pour an entire bottle of water on herself, so they bought her a new shirt to wear. She was out cold before we left.

The plan was to cook dinner for Lauren & Paige and then take them to see the TCC production of A Christmas Carol. Well, we did the dinner part. Andrew made cheese fondue. It was wonderful. Better than last time. We also had chocolate fondue for dessert. We piled into the car and made it to TCC, but it was strangely deserted. Whoops! No play tonight! Saturday must have been the last day. It was a nice ride though. ;) Instead we watched A Muppet Christmas Carol. Only the best Xmas movie ever. Lauren gave us presents. I got a game that is totally the Calvinball of board games. It was so much fun to play! Andrew got a deep fryer. He was so excited about it. Thanks Lauren! We love you!

We are going to start the shopping tonight for what else we need. I like my secret stocking person. They are easy to buy for :)

Links
I’m not the only nerd
You know how they find images of Jesus in toasted cheese sandwiches?
Cream filling!
Flamingos v gnomes
Ew! Dog germs!
If Chuck Norris was a dog…
Cup-o-pup
Pixilation

Pictures
The Winter Parade thing
Xmas decorations!

1 comment: