Friday, October 3, 2008

Gardening and Halloween

This weekend I plan on decorating the house for Halloween since it is October and I’m allowed to now. I also plan on watching Nightmare Before Christmas. Awesome movie. I also plan on making my #2 pair of jeans longer. The only reason they are my #2 pair is that they are too short. It makes me a little uncomfortable. But they are clean and that’s what counts.

Yesterday I wasn’t feeling so well and neither was Andrew, but I came home early and we went to the store. I bought some “dried milk” and we tried it in our cereal this morning. I had a sip before it hit the cereal so I’d know if it was going to be nasty. I actually liked it! It was a bit sweeter than regular old skim milk. It separated back again really fast though. I think it works well with Fruity Pebbles (they were on sale, and all they really are is shaved Fruit Loops).

I added some more links to my delicious page. You can check them out from the menu on the right. You just might have to scroll a little to get the pumpkin out of the way.

When Andrew & I get a house, I’m going to have a garden with vegetables in it. I want to grow squash and tomatoes. One of my new links is to gardeninginaminute.com. I know, I know, it’s a UF site, but I heard about it on the radio this morning and it has a chart that tells me when to plant what. Score! The spider plants are doing really well. One of them has something eating it, there are little holes in it’s leaves. But one of the others is shooting a thing out. I think they might be cramped in their box though. There are 6 plants (5 of them are spiders) in a wire bin that is supposed to be used for incoming files on a desk in an office. I didn’t figure they’d all live. I also was thinking about trying to grow a strawberry plant in a milk jug.

I love weekend projects that I never end up doing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment